Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Artichoke Hearts, Jasmine Skies and Kite Spirit




Last night I had the pleasure of attending the book launch of writer Sita Brahmachari. She was launching her latest teen book, Kite Spirit. Now, the Universe must have been listening when I wrote my last blog post about wanting to read a new novel each week ~ because I came home last night with all three of Sita’s books!




 

I was really touched (and encouraged) to see Sita brought tears as she read part of her book. (Not just me who cries at their own book launch, then?) It was deeply inspiring to hear what life experiences or people she drew upon for her writing. For me, it’s fascinating to hear what brings other writers to the page ~ to find out what makes them laugh or cry.

Sita came across as a genuinely lovely person, and it was a delight to meet her. Thought it rather crafty of my 15 year old daughter to sell one of her novels to Sita. I think Eliza must have forgotten that she had her own book launch last week!

I have to take my hat off to Andrea and Jon Dennison of Wordsworth Bookshop ~ what an incredible job they did in decorating the store with a kite and artichoke theme…and don’t even get me started on the delicious food…I’ll be too scared to step on the scales for the next week. They’re such lovely hosts, and so passionate about nurturing and caring for the people who come into their bookshop and cafĂ©. It is a delight to know them. Do visit Wordsworth if you're ever in Penrith.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, three books to read!

No comments: